125 W 1st Street
We're just around the corner on First Street. Park in the free lot between Laurel and Oak on Front and cross the ally between the buildings and we're right there on the breezeway!
Thanks to all the hard work of many friends,Cabled Fiber is now relocated, with new yarns, a larger sitting area and a large table for classes. It's beautiful! MarySue has been busy taking pictures for our facebook, so take a look, and like us while you're there.
We are very excited to be making this change and know that you will join us in the celebration.
Join us in the celebration of our new store on Saturday November 22nd from 10 ‘til 4. We’ll have hand crafted cookies, MarySue’s blueberry punch, hourly drawings and a grand prize package from Cascade Yarns. Many of our teachers will be on hand to meet you and we’ll have examples of class projects to inspire you. Be sure to bring your own projects, to show and tell. We’d love to feature them on our website and facebook pages.
Coming in December
Felted Nuno Scarf ClassNuno scarves are an intriguing collaboration using a silk fabric base and wet felting layers of fibers including wool, mohair, silk and other dyed and natural colored fibers.Come prepared to be amazed at your creations! $45 includes all materials. Call to reserve you space in the next class
December 3, 5:45 - 8:15
Felted Ornament Class
Saturday December 13 10:30 - 12:30
By popular demand we will be having a repeat of the special holiday needle felting class, open to all ages on Saturday 10:30 to 12:30. Space is limited, so register by phone (503 2233) or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.Introduction to Needle Felting
Wednesday December 10, 5:45 - 8:15 pm
$35.00 includes 2 needles and color wool assortment.
Join with artist Lauralee DeLuca to learn the basics of making a piece of "fiber art". You don’t have to be an artist to make something great!
Needle felting is limited only by your imagination. Once you learn some basic techniques, needle felting can be used to add embellishments to your knitted garments or woven fabric or as a stand-alone work of art. In class, you will have an opportunity to make your own ideas come alive with fiber. We will cover basics of both flat and 3-D felting.
Join in these Free Events At Cabled Fiber Studio
Introduction to Wet FeltingBring energy, comfortable clothes and a towel to learn the technique of wet felting. Create a placemat-sized piece of original, usable felt art using colorful carded wool, warm soapy water, bubble wrap, and a swimming noodle. Join Alaska Fiber Artist Lauralee DeLuca for an afternoon of creativity and fun. Call to signup for the next class! $30 plus materials. Call to reserve you space in the next class.
Wednesday November 19 or December 17
5:45 - 8:15 pm
- Tuesdays 11-2 Lunch Time knitters. Have an hour to spare? Join the group as they share their current project, explore new techniques and problem solve.
- Wednesday 11-2 Crochet Study Group. Want to explore crochet without the formal class? Learn to read patterns, a new stitch or how to work with a different yarn. No appointment, just drop in.
- Thursday 10-noon (2nd and 4th) NOSSG Spindle Group. Support and drop spindles alike from the North Olympic Shuttle and Spindle Guild join together to explore the craft of hand spinning and to share their learning experiences.
- Thursday 3:30 - 6 Knitting and More Group. Come meet other fiber craft people for a fun after work social gathering. Share your current project and take time for yourself to be creative.
- Saturday 1-3pm Free Hat workshops. Let MarySue walk you through her own hat pattern or answer your hat questions. You will need basic knitting experience. Please call to let us know you're coming.
If you're a knitter who is in a hurry to finish holiday gifts, you have a treat in store with the release of "60 Quick Knits from America's Yarn Shops". MarySue French, owner of Cabled Fiber Studio, is one of the selected designers in this collection of Cascade Yarn inspired patterns. She is available on Saturdays to sign the book. If you are interested in taking a free hat class, call the store to make a Saturday Afternoon Rendezvous.
Come spin with us! Join with other spinners from the Region
125 W 1st Street, Port Angeles, Washington 98362
email@example.comVisit our Facebook page