We've Moved to 125 W 1st Street
Cabled Fiber Knit-A-Long Crochet-A-Long
Get your needles or hook ready and join in for a fun winter activity!
A knit-along/crochet-along is when a group makes the same project at the same time, which is fun and helpful. See what other people are doing, ask questions and learn new techniques and stitches as well as how to read patterns
We're planning to do a Knitted sweater based on a pattern from Elizabeth Zimmerman's "Knitters Almanac" or a very similar crochet pattern. For More information, stop in at the shop and get a pattern and choose your yarn
Two Choices to Meet,
Saturday January 24th 1:30 – 3:30
Tuesday Jan 27th 11:30 – 1:30
Upcoming Classes January & February
Felted Nuno Scarf ClassNuno scarves are an intriguing collaboration using a silk fabric base and wet felting layers of fibers including wool, mohair, silk and other dyed and natural colored fibers.Come prepared to be amazed at your creations! $55 includes all materials. Call to reserve you space in the next class
Saturday January 24, 10:30 - 12:30
February 11, 5:45 - 8:30
Introduction to Needle Felting
Wednesday February 11, 5:45 - 8:30 pm
$40.00 includes 2 needles and color wool assortment.
Join with artist Lauralee DeLuca to learn the basics of making a piece of "fiber art". You don’t have to be an artist to make something great!
Needle felting is limited only by your imagination. Once you learn some basic techniques, needle felting can be used to add embellishments to your knitted garments or woven fabric or as a stand-alone work of art. In class, you will have an opportunity to make your own ideas come alive with fiber. We will cover basics of both flat and 3-D felting.
Join in these Free Events At Cabled Fiber Studio
Introduction to Wet FeltingBring energy, comfortable clothes and a towel to learn the technique of wet felting. Create a placemat-sized piece of original, usable felt art using colorful carded wool, warm soapy water, bubble wrap, and a swimming noodle. Join Alaska Fiber Artist Lauralee DeLuca for an afternoon of creativity and fun. Call to signup for the next class! $40 plus materials. Call to reserve you space in the next class.
Wednesday February 25, 5:45 - 8:15 pm
Felted Vessels (New Class!)Saturday February 21 1:00-4:00pm
Come learn the process of wet felting around a form to create your own fabulous vessel.
The uses are endless: displaying flowers, keeping your valuables, or sitting on a self,
you can make a one of a kind work of art from natural fibers.
Materials included in the price of the class. $45
- Tuesdays 11-2 Lunch Time knitters. Have an hour to spare? Join the group as they share their current project, explore new techniques and problem solve.
- Wednesday 11-2 Crochet Study Group. Want to explore crochet without the formal class? Learn to read patterns, a new stitch or how to work with a different yarn. No appointment, just drop in.
- Thursday 10-noon (2nd and 4th) NOSSG Spindle Group. Support and drop spindles alike from the North Olympic Shuttle and Spindle Guild join together to explore the craft of hand spinning and to share their learning experiences.
- Thursday 3:30 - 6 Knitting and More Group. Come meet other fiber craft people for a fun after work social gathering. Share your current project and take time for yourself to be creative.
- Saturday 11-2pm Join the knitting and crochet circle as they work on holiday projects. Bring along a cup of coffee or a goodie to share.
- Saturday 1-3pm Free Hat workshops. Let MarySue walk you through her own hat pattern or answer your hat questions. You will need basic knitting experience. Please call to let us know you're coming.
If you're a knitter who is in a hurry to finish holiday gifts, you have a treat in store with the release of "60 Quick Knits from America's Yarn Shops". MarySue French, owner of Cabled Fiber Studio, is one of the selected designers in this collection of Cascade Yarn inspired patterns. She is available on Saturdays to sign the book. If you are interested in taking a free hat class, call the store to make a Saturday Afternoon Rendezvous.
Come spin with us! Join with other spinners from the Region
125 W 1st Street, Port Angeles, Washington 98362
firstname.lastname@example.orgVisit our Facebook page