If you'd like to help in the relocation,
contact Beth and she can schedule a time and activity throughout the month.
We have large and small tasks for all skills and physical abilities
The Big News! Cabled Fiber will be relocating to a bigger store in October.
We are sill working out the details, but by October 31st we will be located at 125 W 1st Street. We'll have a larger space for yarn, the gathering place and a place for consignments by local artists.
The store will be located next the the breezeway from the Free 3 hour parking lot to 1st Street.
We are very excited to be making this change and know that you will join us in the celebration.
Coming in November
Felted Nuno Scarf ClassNuno scarves are an intriguing collaboration using a silk fabric base and wet felting layers of fibers including wool, mohair, silk and other dyed and natural colored fibers.Come prepared to be amazed at your creations! $45 includes all materials. Call to reserve you space in the next class
November 5, 5:45 - 8:15
Felted Ornament Class
This is a time for downtown businesses to thank our loyal, local customers that make the city's small businesses possible. As many as 30 businesses will be participating by creating a gift basket filled with items and gift certificates that will go to one lucky winner of a drawing. Cabled Fiber will be one of the participants, so come in and enter Friday and Saturday!
In addition, we will be having a special holiday needle felting class that is open to all ages on Saturday 10:30 to 12:30. Space is limited, so register by phone (503 2233) or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Introduction to Needle Felting
Wednesday November 12, 5:45 - 8:15 pm
$35.00 includes 2 needles and color wool assortment.
Join with artist Lauralee DeLuca to learn the basics of making a piece of "fiber art". You don’t have to be an artist to make something great!
Needle felting is limited only by your imagination. Once you learn some basic techniques, needle felting can be used to add embellishments to your knitted garments or woven fabric or as a stand-alone work of art. In class, you will have an opportunity to make your own ideas come alive with fiber. We will cover basics of both flat and 3-D felting.
_____________________________________________________Join in these Free Events At Cabled Fiber Studio
Introduction to Wet FeltingBring energy, comfortable clothes and a towel to learn the technique of wet felting. Create a placemat-sized piece of original, usable felt art using colorful carded wool, warm soapy water, bubble wrap, and a swimming noodle. Join Alaska Fiber Artist Lauralee DeLuca for an afternoon of creativity and fun. Call to signup for the next class! $30 plus materials. Call to reserve you space in the next class.
Wednesday October 29, 5:45 - 8:15 pm
- Tuesdays 11-2 Lunch Time knitters. Have an hour to spare? Join the group as they share their current project, explore new techniques and problem solve.
- Wednesday 11-2 Crochet Study Group. Want to explore crochet without the formal class? Learn to read patterns, a new stitch or how to work with a different yarn. No appointment, just drop in.
- Thursday 10-noon (2nd and 4th) NOSSG Spindle Group. Support and drop spindles alike from the North Olympic Shuttle and Spindle Guild join together to explore the craft of hand spinning and to share their learning experiences.
- Thursday 3:30 - 6 Knitting and More Group. Come meet other fiber craft people for a fun after work social gathering. Share your current project and take time for yourself to be creative.
- Saturday 1-3pm Free Hat workshops. Let MarySue walk you through her own hat pattern or answer your hat questions. You will need basic knitting experience. Please call to let us know you're coming.
If you're a knitter who is in a hurry to finish holiday gifts, you have a treat in store with the release of "60 Quick Knits from America's Yarn Shops". MarySue French, owner of Cabled Fiber Studio, is one of the selected designers in this collection of Cascade Yarn inspired patterns. She is available on Saturdays to sign the book. If you are interested in taking a free hat class, call the store to make a Saturday Afternoon Rendezvous.
Come spin with us! Join with other spinners from the Region
Next meeting Sunday October 26th, 1:00 pm
106 N Laurel Street, Port Angeles, Washington 98362
email@example.comVisit our Facebook page